BACKGROUND – HOW IT ALL BEGAN
The Jewish Yoga Network began life in the England as Yoga Mosaic. It has sent representatives to the Yoga for Peace conference held in Jerusalem, participated in the Mind, Body Spirit Fair run by the New North London Synagogue (Masorti), and provided teachers for J.A.M.I. Yakar, the Redbridge Community Centre, Jewish Care, Jewish Womens Aid, the Culanu Centre in Cambridge the Limmud Conferences and the Jewish Community Centre. To find out more, email Estelle Eugene email@example.com.
The network was founded by Estelle Eugene, originated in London, and has expanded Internationally. It is intended as a resource for both teachers and students, to provide a wealth of information via our website for everybody enthusiastic for this wonderful exploration of these amazing and profound worlds of Judaism and Yoga. You are invited to explore and contribute to all our endeavours.
The organisation has held many seminars since its inception – some of these are listed below.
* “The Bhagavad Gita and its Application to Contemporary Life” Rabbi Jeremy Rosen, in conversation with Vidura of the Hari Krishna Movement.
* “A Bridge between Judaism and the East” by Eddy Levin, lecturer with the London Jewish Cultural Centre. A journey to taste the richness of both sides.
* “Ahimasa – non-violence” from both Judaic and Yogic sources with Rabbi Jeremy Rosen and Ken Simmons (Satya Prem), Chairman of the British Wheel of Yoga
* “The Inner Secrets of the Kabbalist” by Rabbi Eliyahu Yardeni
* “Healing in the Jewish Tradition” with Jonathan Shaw, lecturer at the British College of Naturopathy and Osteopathy and a Baal Teshuva
* “Hitpa’alut to be moved” a meditation based on a Chassidic text with Rabbi Yehoshua Engelman
* “The Jewish System of Energies” with Dr Michael Kagan (Jerusalem).
* Kabbalah & Jewish Meditation with Janet Berenson-Perkins coordinator of Faith & Spirituality programmes for the Reform Synagogues of Great Britain.
* Yoga Session with David Sye who runs the Yogabeats Club.
* “Judaism and the East” a lecture by Rabbi Akiva Tatz Senior lecturer on Jewish thought and medical ethics at the Jewish Learning Exchange in London.
* “Sivananda Yoga” with Swami Saradanada author of best selling book “Yoga Mind & Body”
* “Bibliyoga – Defining the Kosher Sutras” with Marcus Freed